Monday, December 29, 2008

Searing the Wound.

"Well it goes like this The fourth, the fifth The minor fall and the major lift "
You sleep in my bed, the smallness of you curled into my chest. My breasts pressed against your back. You are so small and bony and your curly hair fans itself onto my pillow. A simple blanket covers us. I am cool with your hot skin against mine. Dreams filter through my consciousness into my mouth and I cry out in my sleep - hushed by your delicate lips. A giggle escapes and you beam at me. wiping sleep from my eyes I stretch. Your hand in mine. After all of the hesitance. I have taken the leap. Landing squarely in your arms. Take me, I am yours.
This - awkward, searching, finding you waking up next to me, finding her heart warming. Small steps - tiny steps. Holding my breath.

No comments: