Wednesday, February 11, 2009

GLUE.


Sometimes I think I see you. A glimpse of black hair, bobbed. Indie dress with cons and a rolley in your hand. It's impossible though, wishful thinking? You don't even live here anymore. Maybe I should get on a plane + find you. Bring you back with me? Maybe we would hate one another? God knows I've broken enough hearts lately. Maybe I should leave and never come back. Sometime I know that I will see you again. My heart will jump and my breath will stop and you will smile + walk over to me like nothing has happened, like nothing has passed between us, terse, passionate, bewildered. The things I gave up for you seem so trivial now. It all seems so trivial now. I will be safe in the knowledge that I will never, ever in this life time undestand anything about our relationship. The games you play with me. The way you control my physical responses. You're the hardest button to button.


Sometimes I look for you, knowing safely that you're really miles away.

No comments: