Friday, February 27, 2009

DRIVE

My heart is a mess,
So I walk, unsteady to the nearest cab - Butterfield street - the memories within the word, erupt within me.
I walk - climb into your window shoes off.walking walking -searching for some human warmth,
The cab slows - behind a white Suburau,
I realise too ate that we are passing your house,
The car inn front of me is yours
My heart clenches,
Where have you been?
Who have you seen?
Do you think of me?
Can you escape me?
The way that I can't seem to escape you?
I see you, pulling into your drive, knowing that you dislike cars behind you,
Knowing you better than anyone else,
Knowing eventually someone will replace me, will love you,
Healthily, totally, knowingly.

So I cry + break + hope, that in my emptiness, that you may feel whole.

1 comment:

rachel may said...

your poetry depresses me... but it's addictive

like valium



restra