Saturday, January 3, 2009

Liquid Heat.


I like to hear things that remind you of me.
Inanimate objects that make you think about me.
I like that you think of me at all.
I wonder, often - what is it that goes through your head?
I wonder, wandering past your street, what is the reason behind it all?
The kisses and heat and phone calls.
The day long silences. The ex factor.
Everything spins when I am with you,
Time flashes past and there is always somewhere else we have to be.
I'm working on, working up to telling you it's over.
I'm working on being strong, being forward.
Confessions spill from your mouth aided by your one true love.
Red red red wine, that stains your lips - my throat burns with Vodka.
You tell of your broken heart, how you know mine is in the same condition, perhaps worse.
I blink in the dark, starring at the ceiling, "perhaps" I reply. Your body moves, rustling the sheets.
You body heat melts my strong resolve. Your mere presence, weakens me.
Loneliness is the silent killer.
You tell me laughingly that you think I am your favourite.
The smile travels all the way to my finger tips and I touch your face, "ache"
And I don't believe a fucking word of it.


I am not a sole traveller, journeying through the YOUniverse.

No comments: