Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Remained, yours.

I know that you're reading this. I know that these words have reached you and touched that piece inside of you that remains mine always.

I know this because I know everything there is to know about you.
I have lived your life - stood by you step by step and breathed every breath that has passed though your lungs - your tongue, your lips. I have pushed every white strand of hair from your face to clear your eyes. I have kissed every tear, tumbling down your face and caught them in the very hands that kept you and held you and never let you down. I have remained, always and forever, yours.

I want you to know that I love you - wherever you are. Through clouds and soil and the bend as the wind passes through the trees with the sweetest touch - I love you.

You are the hour hand on the clock that never stops - constant and flowing. You are the sun that rises on me - the moon that watches me when I sleep. You are the purest light and darkest night. You are the reason for being. The blood in my veins.

You are my everything and my anything.
You are the reason I live and the reason I die.
The reason I am a better person and the reason that you are so far away.

Know this, with everything you have - when it is too dark around the edges, time is smashing down your walls and every crack in every sidewalk of every street you walk down weighs heavy on you. When no one can hear you scream and your chest feels like it will explode with the pain and sorrow. Stop. Close your eyes and feel me breathe in to your lungs. Feel the lightness enter your body and know that wherever you are - I will always bring you back to life. My one true love.

No comments: